Child Counseling in New Hampshire
We Help Kids Resolve Emotional Issues and Handle Major Life Changes
For child counseling in New Hampshire you can trust, look to Family Counseling Associates for help. When your child is having trouble in life, it can be devastating to you as a parent. Get them the help they need right away before it worsens. Perhaps they are having a hard time adjusting to your recent divorce, or maybe they are experiencing social anxiety at school. They may not ask for help outright, but they need it.
The counselors at Family Counseling Associates will give them the confidential environment, space, and opportunity where they can feel comfortable speaking about their problems. Our professionals are compassionate and kind, yet skilled and trained, to deal with any problem your child may be going through – together. For your convenience, Family Counseling Associates has a centrally located office right here in Bedford on Route 101.
Family Counseling Associates is situated at 360 Route 101, Unit 12B, in Bedford, NH. Call us at 603-242-2296. Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Individual Therapy for Children
Our child counseling in New Hampshire addresses mental and behavioral health services that incorporate behavioral, social, gender identity, body image, and learning issues, extending to drug and alcohol addiction. These services are offered by therapists/counselors, psychiatrists, social workers, and psychologists/neuro-psychologists, with professionals here who specialize solely in issues affecting children.
Child-focused individual therapy may include:
- Emotional-regulation training
- Individual social-skills training
- Therapies that help children cope with anger, anxiety and depression
- Strategies to curb impulsivity, inattention and hyperactivity
- Coping and self-management strategies for more independence
- Adjustment to life changes such as divorce or separation of parents
Parent / Guardian consultations may include:
- Techniques to help foster social skill development in your children
- Development of positive relationships and family culture with difficult children
- Family problem-solving, such as managing homework problems, effectively dealing with conflict, and creating reward programs
- Management of particular behaviors as kids face divorce, blended families, etc.
- Individually-tailored parenting strategies
Your child may need individual therapy, or they may need family therapy. They may need both. Psychotherapy shows evidence of improvement in children’s feelings in regards to self-efficacy and the ability to bolster social relationships, which also helps them function more efficiently. We mostly draw from cognitive-behavioral techniques when working with kids of all ages, often times blended with an integrated approach.
Let us work with you to come up with the best personalized treatment plan possible. Keep in mind, there are certain requirements when it comes to child counseling in New Hampshire.
- Initial diagnostic evaluation: one hour.
- Children 6-17 years old.
- Parents willing to help with homework assignments.
- Initial phone screening. This will determine fit between our areas of professional competence and your child’s needs.
To learn more about child counseling in New Hampshire, call Family Counseling Associates at 603-242-2296.
Family Counseling Associates
Address: 360 Route 101, Unit 12B, Bedford NH
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Contact: Phone 603-242-2296 | Fax 978-296-3460