Psychological Testing Services
Psychological Testing or a Psychoeducational Assessment can be very helpful when there is a lack of clarity regarding the causes of various emotional, psychological, learning, or behavioral problems experienced by a child, adolescent, or adult.
Psychological testing refers to the administration of standardized tasks and procedures which allow for a sampling of behavior, in order to understand and predict a given individual's psychological, emotional, and behavioral functioning in a variety of settings.
Psychoeducational testing, includes the aforementioned, as well as an examination of cognitive functioning and learning problems, which might impact a child or teenagers ability to be successful in school. Psychoeducational testing can help to identify the particular learning style of a child, and determine if there is a learning disability, cognitive difficulties, or executive skill defict which may be impeding the learning process. Both psychological testing and psychoeducational testing assist the psychologist in formulating well informed treatment plans and/or educational intervention strategies.
Common reasons why a psychological or psychoeducational evaluation may be recommended include:
- Behavioral and conduct problems
- Concerns about cognitive and intellectual factors which may be leading to problems in the learning process at school
- Learning and academic problems; learning disability
- Determine cause of attention and concentration problems, such as ADHD or otherwise
- Understanding causes of emotional problems such as depression, anxiety, social skills deficits, low frustration tolerance or extreme anger, poor impulse control, mood instability, poor coping or emotion regulation skills
- Recommendations for school or residential treatment placement
- Determine eligibility for special education services
- Identify factors underlying problem behaviors
- Determine if there is a specific cause for a child's academic, social, or psychological difficulties
Reports and Recommendations
Following the completion of the psychological evaluation, a comprehensive and reader-friendly report will be prepared. Reports can also be submitted to other professionals or schools at the parents request. The report will provide individualized and innovative recommendations that will help guide interventions and services. We know that many of our clients are eager to get answers to their questions. For this reason, we do our best to complete the testing and report in a timely manner.
Payment and Insurance
Family Counseling Associates accepts most major insurance plans for psychological testing.
Need More Information
To learn more about our psychological assessment services, please contact us at 978-222-3121 x 0. You can also click here to fill out our online contact form.