Child Counseling in Bedford NH
Helping Kids Resolve Emotional Issues and Handle Major Life Changes
You can feel confident turning to us if your child is having trouble in life. Perhaps they are having a hard time adjusting to divorce, or maybe they are experiencing social anxiety. Whatever the case, get them the help they need. They may not ask for it directly themselves, but they need it.
The counselors at Family Counseling Associates provide them with the space, confidentiality and opportunity to speak freely. Securing access to quality counseling for your child is probably a major concern for you as a parent. You want someone to work with them that is both compassionate and kind, yet skilled and trained. We have all of that here at Family Counseling Associates. Plus, we have a convenient location right here in Bedford on Route 101.
Family Counseling Associates is situated at 360 Route 101, Unit 12B, in Bedford, NH. Call us at 603-242-2296. Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Individual Therapy for Children
Our child counseling in Bedford NH addresses mental and behavioral health services offered by therapists/counselors, psychiatrists, social workers, and psychologists/neuro-psychologists. We have counselors here who specialize solely in issues affecting children, which often originate from behavioral, social, gender identity, body image, and learning issues, and extend to drug and alcohol addiction.
Child-focused individual therapy may include:
- Individual social-skills training
- Therapies that help children cope with anger, anxiety and depression
- Strategies to curb impulsivity, inattention and hyperactivity
- Emotional-regulation training
- Coping and self-management strategies for more independence
- Adjustment to life changes such as divorce or separation of parents
Parent / Guardian consultations may include:
- Techniques to help foster social skill development in your children
- Development of positive relationships and family culture with difficult children
- Family problem-solving, such as handling homework problems, managing conflict, and creating reward programs
- Management of particular behaviors as kids try to cope with divorce, blended families, etc.
- Individually-tailored parenting strategies
Your child could thrive in individual therapy. Psychotherapy shows evidence of improvement in children’s feelings in regards to self-efficacy and the ability to bolster social relationships. It can also help them function more efficiently. We mostly draw from cognitive-behavioral techniques when working with kids of all ages, often times blended with an integrative approach.
There are certain requirements when it comes to child counseling in Bedford NH.
- Initial diagnostic evaluation of one hour.
- Children 6-17 years old.
- Parents willing to help with out-of-session homework assignments.
- Initial phone screening to determine fit between our areas of professional competence and your child’s needs.
We can work with you to come up with the best personalized treatment plan possible for child counseling in Bedford NH.
To learn more about child counseling in Bedford NH, call Family Counseling Associates now at 603-242-2296.
Family Counseling Associates
Address: 360 Route 101, Unit 12B, Bedford NH
Hours: Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.