Child Counseling in Andover MA
Helping Kids Resolve Emotional Issues and Cope With Major Life Changes
Securing access to quality counseling for your child is probably a major concern for you as a parent. You want someone to work with them that is both compassionate and kind, yet skilled and trained. We have all of that here at Family Counseling Associates. Plus, we have a convenient location right here in Andover on Essex Street. You can feel confident turning to us if you are having a problem with your child. Perhaps they are having a hard time adjusting to divorce, or maybe they are experiencing social anxiety. Whatever the case, get them the help they need. They may not ask for it directly themselves, but they need it.
The counselors at Family Counseling Associates provide them with the space, confidentiality and opportunity to speak freely. Our child counseling in Andover addresses mental and behavioral health services offered by therapists/counselors, psychiatrists, social workers, and psychologists/neuro-psychologists. We have counselors here who specialize just in child issues, which often stem from behavioral, social, gender identity, body image, and learning issues, and extend to drug and alcohol addiction.
Family Counseling Associates is based at 12 Essex Street in Andover. Call us now at 978-222-3121 to set up an appointment. Hours: Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Individual Therapy for Children
Your child may do very well in individual therapy. Evidence-based psychotherapy shows improvement in children’s feelings in regards to self-efficacy and the ability to bolster social relationships. It can also help them function more efficiently. We mostly draw from cognitive-behavioral techniques when working with kids of all ages, often times combined with an integrative approach.
Child-focused individual therapy may include:
- Individual social-skills training
- Therapies that help children cope with anger, anxiety and depression
- Strategies to curb impulsivity, inattention and hyperactivity
- Emotional-regulation training
- Coping and self-management strategies for more independence
- Adjustment to life changes such as divorce or separation of parents
Parent / Guardian consultations may include:
- Techniques to help foster social skill development in your children
- Development of positive relationships and family culture with difficult children
- Family problem-solving, such as handling homework problems, managing conflict, and creating reward programs
- Management of particular behaviors as kids try to cope with divorce, blended families, etc.
- Individually-tailored parenting strategies
There are certain requirements when it comes to child counseling in Andover MA.
- Children 6-17 years old.
- Parent willing to assist with out-of-session homework assignments.
- Initial phone screening to determine fit between our areas of professional competence and your child’s needs.
- Initial diagnostic evaluation of one hour.
Book an appointment with one of our licensed professionals today to pinpoint the best personalized treatment plan possible for child counseling in Andover MA.
For more information about our child counseling in Andover MA, call Family Counseling Associates now at 978-222-3121.
Family Counseling Associates
Address: 12 Essex Street, Andover, MA 01810
Hours: Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.